San Diego, CA
First Washington Realty (FWR) is a fully integrated, national real estate investment and management firm. We specialize in the ownership of convenience, necessity and experience-oriented retail real estate. FWR currently owns 105 shopping centers with a value of over $5.5 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 13.7 million square feet with over 2,546 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity:
Our growing company is seeking an Investment Analyst to join our team in analyzing individual asset, portfolio and public to private transactions. This role will work with senior management to help influence critical decisions regarding acquisitions and dispositions. The successful candidate is passionate about real estate, has a financial mindset, and is extremely organized, personable and resourceful. This person must be detail oriented, capable of analyzing large amounts of data and has a high-level of proficiency in Argus Enterprise and Excel. At times, this position will be required to work extended hours.
- Work with acquisitions professionals and senior management to analyze prospective investment opportunities under various scenarios with short deadlines
- Prepare and analyze financial reports including operating expense reconciliations, operating statements and rent rolls while identifying variances when necessary
- Prepare financial models to determine present and forecasted financial performance
- Produce property and portfolio debt schedules
- Communicate with brokers, owners and other external parties
- Prepare supporting schedules for an Annual Investment Plan
- Maintain organized electronic files of multiple transactions for use by multiple team members
- Coordinate with the construction and development team on underwriting capital expenditure budgets
- Review leases and lease abstracts for key provisions
- Provide ad hoc analysis for management
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years of commercial real estate experience, preferably in retail
- Advanced proficiency in Argus Enterprise, MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of retail real estate industry a plus
- Understanding of CAM reconciliations and operating statements
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong attention to written details while completing multiple tasks
- Able to work independently in an organized fashion
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and research capabilities
- Proven self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive with a highly professional demeanor
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, commuter benefits, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.