Bethesda, MD 20814
About the Company
First Washington Realty (FWR) is a fully integrated, national real estate investment and management firm. We specialize in the ownership of convenience, necessity and experience-oriented retail real estate. FWR currently owns 97 shopping centers with a value of over $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.9 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington Realty is seeking a dynamic retail-leasing director who thrives in a fast-paced environment with growth potential to join our National Leasing Team. This position will accomplish leasing goals, under the direction of the Senior Vice President, National Director of Leasing, based at our headquarters’ office in Bethesda, MD. Successful candidates must have past experience in retail leasing, coordination of interdepartmental work and analytical rigor along with a positive team oriented attitude.
- Direct easing responsibility for leading the leasing of a community shopping center portfolio across the Mid-Atlantic.
- Daily responsibility for the tasks necessary to oversee the successful implementation of the leasing strategy, including, but not limited to, merchandising, tenant hit list creation, lead generation, business to business sales, coordinating with asset management and construction management teams, drafting and editing proposals, obtaining market comparable data, and coordination with legal team through lease execution.
- Implementation of property level marketing campaigns and coordination of an efficient leasing process with internal and external stakeholders including Asset Managers, Property Managers and Construction Managers.
- Canvas local, regional, and national retailers, through cold calling and relationship building. Interact and build relationships with brokerage community and effectively articulate features, attributes, benefits and availabilities at the various properties.
- Must spend time outside of the office travelling to properties, meeting with potential tenants, and establishing broker relationships.
- Maintain in-depth market knowledge of all aspects of assigned properties and solid understanding of competitive properties and critical market dynamics.
- Prepare weekly leasing reports and merchandising category hit lists as well as update online portfolio management software.
- Oversee tenant negotiations for specific spaces from the Letter of Intent process through to execution working closely with the legal team on all lease negotiations.
- Meet all financial goals. Successful candidate will be able to understand and evaluate financial implications of deal economics; interface with financial analyst to determine desired deal structure and impact to financial goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years retail leasing experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong attention to written details while completing multiple tasks
- Able to work independently in an organized fashion
- Able to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and research capabilities
- Proven self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive with a highly professional demeanor
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Amicable personality suited for a sales oriented role
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, commuter benefits, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.