Bethesda, MD 20814
About the Company
First Washington Realty, Inc. is a privately owned real estate investment, advisory and management company which specializes in the ownership of neighborhood and community shopping centers located in densely populated areas throughout the United States. The Company currently owns 97 shopping centers with a value in excess of $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 13 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington is seeking a Construction Management professional to join our Bethesda, Maryland corporate office. This individual is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to oversight and management of construction projects throughout the portfolio.
- Must be capable of providing timely and accurate cost estimates for renovation projects, tenant improvement projects and capital projects.
- Must be capable of executing both direct day-to-day customary construction management duties, as well as providing oversight and management of third party construction management companies, as necessary.
- Must be capable of selecting, directing and supervising architects and engineers in the preparation and permitting of plans and specifications for renovation projects, tenant improvement projects and other capital projects to include, but not to be limited to, roofs and parking lots.
- Must be capable of selecting, directing and supervising contractors in the bidding, contract preparation and execution of renovation projects, tenant improvement projects and capital projects.
- Oversight of complex tenant build-outs ensuring lease stipulations are followed and critical dates are tracked.
- Draft project appropriate and specific Landlord work letters for leases and revise as needed during negotiations.
- Draft, Review, and/or comment on Landlord signage criteria as needed.
- Must be capable of providing timely and accurate completion schedules for renovation projects, tenant improvement projects and capital projects.
- Must be capable of coordinating the preparation of construction contracts, along with all exhibits, with third party construction attorneys for execution by FWR.
- Manage the creation of all preliminary and final lease exhibits applicable to landlord and tenant construction work.
- Create and manage tenant coordination status reports to track all efforts from leasing through Tenant opening.
- Monitor all Tenant and Landlord lease milestones to assure compliance with lease requirements.
- Monitor Tenant permitting as required.
- Coordinate with onsite team for Tenant construction team to interface (approve insurance, temporary utilities, construction staging, etc).
- During construction, onsite inspection and coordination as needed for assuring compliance, coordinating phasing with Tenant and Landlord teams.
- Provide scheduling and budgeting information to appropriate FWR departments as required.
- Assist with other Lease, Property Management, and/or Accounting duties as needed.
- Work on various departmental projects as needed.
- 3-5 plus years of tenant coordination and/or project management experience within an architecture, general contracting or retail tenant firm.
- Specific experience with construction and redevelopment of retail properties.
- Preferred degree in Architecture, Engineering or related construction management degree.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) particularly MS Project and Excel required.
- Strong attention to written and architectural details when completing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Priority setting, organization, and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (interpersonal savvy and customer focus).
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.