Bethesda, MD 20814
About the Company
First Washington Realty (FWR) is a fully integrated, national real estate investment and management firm. We specialize in the ownership of convenience, necessity and experience-oriented retail real estate. FWR currently owns 97 shopping centers with a value of over $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.9 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington Realty is seeking a Receptionist/Office Assistant to help with the daily front desk duties and administrative support.
The Receptionist/Office Assistant must be comfortable moving quickly, working on several projects simultaneously while prioritizing importance, being a team player and interacting with people throughout all levels of the organization – all while maintaining an upbeat, positive attitude. IF you are interested in entering the residential real estate field, this is not a position for you.
- Opening office duties, which include but are not limited to: turning off the security system, turning on the office lights, straightening the conference rooms, straightening the kitchen and emptying the dishwasher, checking for messages left overnight, etc.
- Day-to-day duties: answering the phones, scheduling conference calls and conference rooms, receiving packages, sending packages, stocking of supplies, greeting guests, filing, entering data, typing, making travel arrangements, assembling packages, assisting Administrative Department and others as needed
- Closing office duties, which include but are not limited to: straightening the kitchen, turning on the dishwasher, turning off television, straightening the conference rooms, setting the security system, etc.
- Additional duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-6 years of reception and general administrative experience
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Beginners level proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- WPM 50+
- Mature, friendly and positive disposition
- Professional work ethic and appearance
- Strong problem solving / critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to written details while completing multiple tasks
- Well organized
- Deadline oriented
- Excellent attendance record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, trust and integrity
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, commuter benefits, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.