Bethesda, MD 20814
Salary: $45,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
JUNIOR LEASE ADMINISTRATOR
About the Company
First Washington Realty, Inc. is a privately owned real estate investment, advisory and management company which specializes in the ownership of neighborhood and community shopping centers located in densely populated areas throughout the United States. The Company currently owns 94 shopping centers with a value in excess of $4.6 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.8 million square feet with over 2,200 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington is seeking a Junior Lease Administrator to join our Bethesda, Maryland corporate office. This individual is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to assisting the leasing staff in the processing of lease documents for landlord’s execution. In addition, this individual will provide periodic assistance to our property managers and construction team.
- Prepare and finalize Lease Approval Request forms used to outline the terms, and to obtain the approval, of lease transactions, such as new leases, lease renewals, amendments, assignments and terminations ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in the form.
- Track lease abstracts.
- Assist with estoppel preparation for dispositions and loans.
- Prepare assignment package for landlord’s review; and prepare and finalize assignment document.
- Review and process lease related documentation and correspondence, including default notices.
- Process landlord and tenant signed documents.
- Review and process tenant’s exercise of renewal options ensuring lease compliance.
- Work closely with the Senior Lease Administrator, property managers, leasing executives and various other departments to ensure the quality of all lease abstraction data.
- Create and maintain lease files according to company requirements (physical and electronic)
- Coordinate VTS updates.
- Coordinate updates to site plans (in-house and on website).
- Assist with organizing electronic lease documents.
- Assist property managers with service contracts by tracking execution thereof and maintaining files.
- Move-in/Move-out related steps (coordinate with Property Managers to be sure permits, welcome letters, certificates of insurance, etc. are completed and filed).
- Assist with other Lease, Property Management, and/or Accounting duties as needed.
- Work on various departmental projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MRI or other lease administration software.
- 3-5 years of commercial real estate lease administration experience.
- Experience in any of the following fields: Commercial Real Estate (Retail), Finance, Accounting, or Paralegal.
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience working for a major retailer, a commercial real estate/development company or a law firm specializing in commercial real estate.
- Experience reading and interpreting commercial real estate leases (preferable retail).
- Basic level proficiency with Argus.
- Please do not apply if you are an attorney, a realtor or have no commercial real estate experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex legal documents.
- Strong attention to written details when completing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Priority setting, organization, and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (interpersonal savvy and customer focus).
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.