Bethesda, MD 20814
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
First Washington Realty, Inc.
About the Company
First Washington Realty, Inc. is a privately owned real estate investment, advisory and management company which specializes in the ownership of neighborhood and community shopping centers located in densely populated areas throughout the United States. The Company currently owns 102 shopping centers with a value of $5.5 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 13.7 million square feet with over 2,500 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Asset Management group in our Bethesda, Maryland corporate office. This individual is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to the asset management of First Washington’s wholly- owned portfolio.
• Analyze existing tenant sales, key credit metrics and health ratios.
• Assist in preparing and presenting our Quarterly Asset Review.
• Work collaboratively with leasing, property management, construction and legal teams to develop and execute long-term asset strategies to maximize revenue growth and value creation.
• Assist in tracking accounts receivable, forbearance agreements and defaults.
• Assist with preparation of annual budgets.
• Review monthly financial statements and reforecasts, research NOI variances and assist in developing NOI action plans.
• Work closely with our accounting and IT teams to develop new analytical tools.
• Oversee lease-related financial analysis such as NPV analysis, NOI analysis, tenant credit and health ratio analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or related field.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Argus.
• One to three years’ experience.
• Ability to travel locally and nationally.
• Strong financial and analytical skills, with high attention to detail.
• Willingness to take initiative and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently, to prioritize activities and consistently follow up.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the company.
• High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package will include optional HSA medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, PPO dental insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington
Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.