Bethesda, MD 20814
About the Company
First Washington Realty (FWR) is a fully integrated, national real estate investment and management firm. We specialize in the ownership of convenience, necessity and experience-oriented retail real estate. FWR currently owns 97 shopping centers with a value of over $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.9 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington Realty is seeking a Staff Accountant to help with the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting operations of our commercial real estate business.
The Staff Accountant must be comfortable moving quickly, working on several projects simultaneously while prioritizing importance, being a team player and interacting with people throughout all levels of the organization.
- Assist property accountant in the daily/monthly/year end accounting for our wholly owned properties
- Responsibilities include processing water bills, preparing utility account reconciliations, posting recurring journal entries, updating sub-ledgers and preparation of other monthly reconciliations
- Enter monthly/quarterly/annual tenant billings into MRI
- Produce invoice packages for quarterly and annual CAM reconciliations
- Complete CAM package mailings and filings
- Review GL coding to ensure accuracy
- Assist with entering new tenant leases in MRI
- Review leases for capitalization language, creating a schedule of bill-back opportunities
- Assist property accountant in annual budget preparation
- Provide ad hoc reports and insights to property accountants, as necessary (enter sales, rent increase letters, tenant bill-backs)
- Additional duties as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of accounting, tax or auditing (internal or external) experience
- Experience with MRI Accounting System, a plus
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong Problem Solving / Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong attention to written details while completing multiple tasks
- Well organized
- Deadline oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, trust and integrity
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, commuter benefits, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Qualified Applicants only – please send resume and cover letter.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.