Bethesda, MD 20814
About the Company
First Washington Realty, Inc. is a privately owned real estate investment, advisory and management company which specializes in the ownership of neighborhood and community shopping centers located in densely populated areas throughout the United States. The Company currently owns 97 shopping centers with a value in excess of $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.9 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
First Washington is seeking an Administrative Assistant – Commercial Property Manager to support a Senior Vice President to join our Bethesda, Maryland office. This individual is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to assisting the property manager in the day-to-day management of commercial retail properties.
- Assist property manager with day-to-day operations of retail shopping centers. Create positive relationships with tenants, vendors and other team members.
- Assist in coordination and follow up of maintenance services. Work closely with maintenance contractors to prioritize and dispatch service requests. Follow up to ensure timely completion.
- Assist in solicitation and preparation of vendor bids and contracts.
- Assist in rent collections including follow up on delinquencies and preparation of late notices.
- Assist in collection of tenant sales reports.
- Code and process vendor invoices using property management payable software.
- Conducts periodic property inspections, note deficiencies, suggest and implement solutions.
- Assist with tracking service contracts and certificates of insurance.
- Move-in/Move-out coordination including tracking construction documents, permits, welcome letters, certificates of insurance, processing tenant improvement reimbursements etc.
- Assist in planning, preparing and implementing operating and capital budgets for properties, assist in planning for long-term financial goals and objectives.
- Assist with other Property Management and/or Accounting duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Commercial/retail real estate experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferred experience in a commercial real estate company or law firm.
- Preferred experience with MRI or other lease administration software.
- Ability to read and comprehend lease and legal documents.
- Strong attention to written details when completing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Priority setting, organization, and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (interpersonal savvy and customer focus).
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, PPO dental insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.