Bethesda, MD 20814
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
About the Company
First Washington Realty (FWR) is a fully integrated, national real estate investment and management firm that specializes in the ownership of convenience, necessity and experience-oriented retail real estate. FWR currently owns 96 shopping centers with a value of over $4.9 billion located in 22 states and the District of Columbia containing approximately 12.9 million square feet with over 2,400 retail tenants.
About this Opportunity
Our growing company is seeking a professional Data Analyst that will work with senior management to help streamline and optimize our current software environment, ultimately influencing critical decisions regarding investing, financing and expense management. The ideal candidate is driven, responsive, resourceful and detail oriented. This candidate should also have a technical mindset, excellent communication skills, is capable of managing and navigating multiple software systems in depth, and is proficient in database design.
- Engage with members of Finance and Accounting, Operations and Acquisitions teams to gain a deep understanding of existing systems, the underlying data, and how each system supports the business
- Identify and document primary source data
- Aggregate and analyze data across multiple systems to ensure data accuracy, integrity and consistency
- Design and maintain various databases as required
- Utilize queries to retrieve, analyze and manipulate data as necessary
- Identify opportunities for improvement across our current software platform and recommend solutions to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access and database design
- SQL experience preferred
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Proven self-starter with strong time management skills
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrated professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness and research capabilities
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to analyze large sets of data
- 2-5 years in a job of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in real estate industry a plus
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401(k) matching program, a generous leave package, optional medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance benefits.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. First Washington Realty is a smoke-free workplace. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. First Washington Realty does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of First Washington Realty, and First Washington Realty will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.